Monday, July 18, 2011

Magic of Oz Bottlecaps

These are the bottlecaps I made for another swap on "The Scrap Beach" they are meant to go with the Mini pages we did for the 6x6 swap.

I wanted to create something different... I figured everyone would be using the same images from the G45 papers.. So I decided to combine some old Oz with the new... I found an image online of Dorothy and the rest of the gang from the original Wizard of Oz movie. So I fused their faces with the new paper line and waaa laa this is what I came up with.

To get this look from the bottlecaps I first flattened them using my cuttlebug.. (A platble, 2 B plates and I use a spellbinders rubber embossing mat) then I used black soot alcohol ink and changed them from silver to black. I then finished with antique gold rub n buff. On the tin man I sanded the bottlecap some to get some silver to show through. I punched holes in them with my crop o dile... then glued down the images. I used glossy accents to cover them and then added the jump rings and/or charms.

The background tag turned out soo cute.. I wish I would have made one for my own bottlecaps.. I used the same paper that I had cut the heads from for the bottlecaps. I then just positioned them back in place.. they look like bobble heads.. LOL.  The base of the tag is corrugated cardboard... I painted it black with Metallic black paint and then filled in the gaps by painting with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray in Dark Chocolate Truffle. I love how it turned out.. its soo shimmery..yet grungy!

Overall I think they turned out pretty cool... I would love to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment