Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Altered Frame

I had a picture of one of my good friends who lost his battle to cancer a few years back...it was just on my fridge in one of those clear plastic magnetic frames... It kept falling off and falling off ...so I decided to make a special frame honoring my dear friend. He loved dogs and had an irish setter and a golden retriever so i thought this image from Webster's pages was perfect... I tried to make it very distressed and weathered... I feel like it could use some more detail but maybe not... I would love feedback...

Monday, July 18, 2011

Altered Dominos

These were created for another swap on "The Scrap Beach".. I signed up for a spot in all three groups.. Vintage, Feminine and Nature. Hope you enjoy... These were a pain in the butt! LOL.. Maybe if I hadn't signed up for all three groups it wouldn't have been such a pain... I mean 18 dominos to alter is A LOT! Oh well lesson learned.

Magic of Oz Bottlecaps

These are the bottlecaps I made for another swap on "The Scrap Beach" they are meant to go with the Mini pages we did for the 6x6 swap.

I wanted to create something different... I figured everyone would be using the same images from the G45 papers.. So I decided to combine some old Oz with the new... I found an image online of Dorothy and the rest of the gang from the original Wizard of Oz movie. So I fused their faces with the new paper line and waaa laa this is what I came up with.

To get this look from the bottlecaps I first flattened them using my cuttlebug.. (A platble, 2 B plates and I use a spellbinders rubber embossing mat) then I used black soot alcohol ink and changed them from silver to black. I then finished with antique gold rub n buff. On the tin man I sanded the bottlecap some to get some silver to show through. I punched holes in them with my crop o dile... then glued down the images. I used glossy accents to cover them and then added the jump rings and/or charms.

The background tag turned out soo cute.. I wish I would have made one for my own bottlecaps.. I used the same paper that I had cut the heads from for the bottlecaps. I then just positioned them back in place.. they look like bobble heads.. LOL.  The base of the tag is corrugated cardboard... I painted it black with Metallic black paint and then filled in the gaps by painting with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray in Dark Chocolate Truffle. I love how it turned out.. its soo shimmery..yet grungy!

Overall I think they turned out pretty cool... I would love to know what you think.

Magic of Oz 6x6 page photos

I recently participated in a swap on "Tbe Scrap Beach" it was a 6x6 mini page swap using the new Graphic 45 Magic of Oz collection. Sooo much fun! I just love working with the G45 papers. I did a TON of fussy cutting for this page... On the Dorothy side I fussy cut all the little flowers and popped them up as well as Dorothy and they lion. I used Red stickles w/Glossy accents for Dorothy's shoes. The photo mat is a Spellbinders die... the floral doilie I believe. The Tin man side... I also did some fussy cutting... I did a heart photo mat in the pocket.. since the Tin man is hoping for a heart. I hand made the black flower using black seam binding and Tule. I scraplifted the technique from Rina (ScrapStress) it's her black swan flower... or does she call it the Rina Ballerina?? One of those.. LOL. I hope you like what I have created!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Steampunk ATC

I signed up for another steampunk ATC swap on Splitcoast stampers. For some reason when I do ATC's I can never do something simple. It ends up being this 25 step process!! Which that is fine if you are doing just ONE but SIX!! It just about killed me! LOL. But I am pleased with the outcome.

Technique: Base: heavy chipboard covered with a collage of different vintage book pages. I think distessed with Tim holtz distress inks, applied gesso, more distress inks, sprayed with Lindy's Starburst Sprays,(jumpin jivin purple and desert moon cactus gold) and then stamped a honeycomb stamp with gesso for texture, and then finally with staz on I stamped a vintage script across the top.

                The dressform was also just chipboard covered with vintage book pages, I then inked with vintage photo distress inks, and sprayed with Lindy's Starburst Spray in "Jumpin Jivin purple". The dressform was then ran through the cuttlebug using the gears embossing folder. I then lightly painted the dressform with black acrylic paint and topped with antique gold rub and buff.

The butterflies were also made from vintage book pages, I inked and sprayed them then covered with glossy accents and added really watch gears and parts. The flower was painted with metallic acrylic paint a technique I saw Rina (Scrapstress) do on you tube. I then again added watch parts.

Thats the quick version of what I did... If you have any questions... feel free to ask away!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Card for friend

I made this card the other day for a good friend. I was going for a masculine card and I think this fit the bill. I used Tim holtz stamps, Ranger alcohol inks, and some Tim Holtz gears. Its a very Tim Holtz kinda card. I scraplifted the design from a little idea sheet at michaels.

Photos..Bobunny Gabrielle 4x4 Swap

Here are some photos of my 4x4 page for a swap on "the scrap beach". The swap was using the Bobunny Gabrielle papers..